Many foods in our database are basic ingredients such as "peanut butter" or "bread".
So "peanut butter sandwich" may not be in our database. But "peanut butter" and "bread" are.
You can add each of the items individually to find out the total calories.
If you have singed up for a free account you can even
- Not all brand names are in the food database. Use a generic name for the food.
Eg. cola instead of pepsi or coke.
- Use an alternate name for the food.
Eg. ground beef instead of hamburger.
- Generally don't enter the plural form of food names.
Eg. use taco instead of tacos.
- Spelling matters, if you are unsure on the spelling of a food just enter the part you are sure of.
Eg. caul instead of cauliflower.
- To limit results try selecting a specific food category or searching with more than one word.
Eg. vanilla yogurt instead of yogurt.